The organized chaos of interoperability
Exchanging and aggregating patient data scattered across different systems throughout the community can be challenging. In the early stages of pre-interoperability, healthcare organizations collected clinical data across the community through faxes and multiple paper care documents. This left providers frustrated as they spent significant time and energy piecing together patient information—with no assurance the data was complete or duplicative.
Medicity Organize eliminates the challenge of disparate clinical data gathered from across the community. Three modules with advanced “Interoperability 2.0” capabilities ensure quick and easy access to all the clinical insights providers need.
Data stored and turned into a strategic asset
Community Hub enables peer-to-peer connectivity using standard protocols for exchanging and viewing CCDs from EHRs and the CHR:
- Unlocks and consumes data from all sources and format types within networks
- Enables data storage and access for analytical/quality improvement purposes, turning data into a strategic asset
- Provides one-to-one connectivity for query and exchange
One click access to a single, comprehensive patient history
Community Interchange takes all of the complexity of continuity of care document (CCD) exchange and turns it into a single one-click, on-demand transaction to make the process of getting clinical data into your environment seamless. Medicity is a market leader in creating a single, comprehensive CCD within the provider’s existing EHR workflow.
Community Interchange bridges the gaps between differing data protocols and EHR variations between networks through a proprietary set of interrelated technologies:
- Aggregates, normalizes and deduplicates data from multiple systems, records and CCDs and creates a single, comprehensive, longitudinal patient CCD
- Utilizes protocol bridging technology to break down varying technology barriers
- Supports bi-directional queries between networks with a “one to many” connectivity approach, effectively creating a “network of networks” that eliminates barriers to information sharing
All patient data captured from any source
Community Health Record (CHR) combines available data from across multiple settings: hospitals, pharmacies, labs, primary care physicians, specialists, long-term and post-acute care facilities, patient-centered medical homes, and even public health organizations:
- Provides fast, simple access to longitudinal patient information from across the community for better quality and emergency care
- Improves care coordination and delivers key information for care transitions
Enabling a “Network of Networks” in Texas
- A Texas public health information organization and a private, nonprofit Texas health system wanted to share their clinical data, but because each used different systems, their networks were effectively siloed and couldn’t communicate. Community Interchange was deployed to bridge the gap between these two networks. This enabled the two health care organizations to share clinical information by supporting bi-directional queries, effectively creating a “network of networks” that enhanced the capabilities of both organizations and ensured reliable access to comprehensive patient information.
Bridging the technology gap to exchange CCDs
- A physician’s network utilized Community Interchange’s protocol to bridge their technology and provide network physicians the ability to view a patient’s CCD from a variety of different EMR data sources within their native EMR. With comprehensive data available within the CHR, providers were able to close gaps in their patient records and provide quality care.